Saturday, February 13, 2010

Theory: The "War"

"Because there's a war coming, John. And if you're not back on the Island when that happens, the wrong side is going to win."


In The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham, Charles Widmore visits John Locke and mentions a "war" coming. He tells John that if he is not back on the island when that happens, the wrong side is going to win.

Perhaps this war is simply between Jacob and Man in Black, and their followers of course. But if Man in Black is looking for followers on the island, it seems like he wouldn't find very many, seeing as all the others, Ilana's team, and [presumably] our Losties are against him, who exactly could Man in Black recruit? Perhaps "The Sickness", which we learnt more about in What Kate Does could be what will help him to get more followers. But even if he did get Claire or Sayid(which were revealed to have this "darkness" inside them) on his team, it seems like he would still be very much outnumbered. Which is why I think that Charles Widmore may also be on his team.

So Charles Widmore told Locke he had to be on the island when this war were to happen. Perhaps he wanted Locke to go back to the island [dead] only so Man in Black could take his form, and then manipulate Ben into killing Jacob. Jacob's death may have been necessary in order for Man in Black to win this "war", and then return "home", as Evilocke(Man in Black) revealed to Ben in LA X.

Perhaps Charles Widmore will play a big part in this war afterall.

1 comment:

  1. Hello there :)

    I must apologise - I have stumbled across your blog and haven't had time to read it properly yet. As you can see however, I have mentioned it on my blog as a Lost blog to check out - I like the look of this place:

    http://superduperstream.blogspot.com/2010/02/lost-weekly-round-up.html

    My blog has a ton of Lost stuff on it, but also other stuff relating to comics, boxing, DVDs, etc the usual stuff.

    I thought you might like to check it out, and I'll be checking out your blog too, and maybe we can advertise each others blogs or whatever.

    I am doing a project just now called the Lost Blogging Collective:

    http://superduperstream.blogspot.com/search/label/Lost%20Blogging%20Collective

    Whereby each week I email a group of Lost bloggers (around 12 at the moment) 2 questions about Lost, and we all answer them to see how the fandom/blogosphere/*insert random buzzword* opinion is between us.

    If any of this sounds interesting to you, I am always available at lostquestions23@gmail.com and interested in any kind of project or collaboration - I just love communicating with people in general :D

    Finally, I have a competition to win a free Lost t-shirt. It's very easy to enter - just pick what t-shirt design you like, and a random person wins that t-shirt!! The comp ends on Friday though, so be quick if you are interested:

    http://superduperstream.blogspot.com/2010/02/lost-cafepress-competition-extension.html

    Okay, I feel I have taken up enough of your time now so I will leave it at that :) as soon as I get a spare few hours I will dedicate more time to reading your blog :)

    Hope to hear from you soon!

    - Chris
    - lostquestions23@gmail.com
    - superduperstream.blogspot.com

    PS Yeah, a lot of people are forgetting past theories. "The War" is definately something to be thought about, and also Jacob's last words - "They're coming!" Who are? The Candidates? Ilana's crew? Charles Widmore with Other's back-up?

    ReplyDelete